I am now opening up private online Piano tuition to the World.
If you’d love to get started with learning to play the Piano, or simply improving your current skills, but just can’t find the right teacher near you – or perhaps the time to travel to regular lessons, then online Piano lessons are for you! Learn in the comfort of your own home with zero commute or travel expenses. Your lessons will still be tailored specifically to you and your needs, tastes and abilities.
If you are interested in lessons, please read the following carefully before enquiring.
Price of one-to-one lessons (paid in advance monthly):
£56 per month for a 30 minute lesson per week
£84 per month for a 45 minute lesson per week
£112 per month for a 60 minute lesson per week
The price of lessons is on a pro-rata basis, for the cost of 45 weeks-worth of lessons spread out evenly between 12 months. Thus, there are 7 holiday weeks during the year accounted for in the cost in which there are no lessons, such as Easter, Christmas etc.
(£56 x 12 months = £672 ÷ 45 weeks = <£15 per 30 minute lesson)
Please enquire about the price in other currencies.
ONLINE TUITION REQUIREMENTS
For tuition to run smoothly/effectively, students must have access to the following (please contact if you’re unsure and I can advise!):
- A device with a large screen such as a computer, laptop or tablet.
- A linked second ‘camera’ device (such as a phone, webcam etc) and the means to keep it positioned directed at your Piano, such as with a tripod stand.
- A stable and decent internet connection (consider an ethernet cable).
- Have a Skype account.
- To be able to commit to attending a weekly piano lesson at the same day/time (sorry, I don’t currently offer ad-hoc lessons on a casual basis).
- The means to be able to print out things such as sheet music. I provide some learning materials, though various books may have to be purchased.
- Your parent/guardians consent if you’re under 18.
- Be proficient at speaking English (unfortunately and embarrassingly, I’m not bilingual!).
- …a Piano/Keyboard! (That’s in tune please!)
- An initial ‘technical test’ will need to be arranged prior to commencing regular lessons.
- My teaching hours are strictly between 4pm – 8.30pm UK time Mon-Fri.
A bit about me…
So you probably know me from my Youtube channel, Bitesize Piano; so here is a bit about my musical background:
My name is Francesca Murray and I began learning the Piano from the age of 7 where I was born and raised in North East Lincolnshire UK. I studied Classical Music and Music Technology at A Level, before being offered a place at prestigious conservatoire, Leeds College of Music. There I achieved a Foundation Degree in Music & Sound for the Moving Image, and a First Class BA (Hons) Degree in Music Production, majoring in Composition. I hold my ABRSM Grades 1-8 in Classical Piano.
I’ve been teaching for 9 years privately and in several well-established Music Schools around West Yorkshire, and in Summer 2017 set up my own dedicated teaching studios in Rodley, Leeds. I also teach from my home, as well as of course creating free Piano tutorials on Youtube, that I began around 2018.
As well as teaching, I’m also a Composer and have performed as a live session musician playing Keys in bands with whom I’ve performed live on BBC Radio. I’ve even appeared on ITV soap Emmerdale as a wedding scene Pianist! I’ve composed music for Library music companies, Radio Jingles, Adverts, Websites, Theatre and Indie Films/Animations.
I’ve written/composed my first Piano book for beginners, ‘The Bitesize Piano Course’ – Laying the Foundations’, that I’m currently making into an online course.
General information about lessons with me;
Online Piano Lessons are taught in my home music studio on my Hybrid Baby Grand Yamaha (the one you see in my Youtube videos).
All lessons are tailored to the individual, whether that be playing for pleasure or working towards graded exams (my students have a 100% pass rate!). I mainly teach the ABRSM syllabus in Theory and Practical, both Jazz and Classical, as well as the Rock School syllabus.
I encourage rounded musicianship by incorporating a wide range of learning methods and skills.
So, if you’re STILL interested, please e-mail me with the following information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience/What you’re looking to gain from tuition:
Once I’ve received your email, I’ll be back in touch with my current availability and we’ll take it from there. I look forward to hearing from you!